Watch our Atlassian Confluence Tutorial Right Now- FREE. You’re Welcome!
- 01: Confluence Dashboard & Navigation
- 02: Site Design Concepts & Spaces
- 03: Your Profile & Settings
- 04: Collaboration Made Easy
- 05: Confluence Page Editing - Part 1
- 06: Confluence Page Editing - Part 2
- 07: Page Templates & Blueprints
- 08: The Power of Confluence Labels
- 09: Site Spaces & Space Directory
- 10: Space Permissions & Page Restrictions
- 11: Advanced Search
- 12: Task Management & Meeting Notes
- 13: Working With Files & Attachments
- 14: Extending Confluence Functionality
- Left Brain, Right Brain & Learning
The Atlassian Confluence Dashboard & Site Navigation
Our Atlassian Confluence Tutorial will take you from beginner to competent user in no time at all.
- Explore the Global Sidebar.
- Discover what’s happening using the All Updates & Popular Feeds.
- Reduce team email, through Comments & Likes.
- Organise your work-life with the Recently Worked On, Recently Visited, and the Saved for Later.
- Find content in the Space Directory.
- Explore a typical Confluence Space.
- Understand the layout of a typical Space Sidebar.
- Set up Your Profile & Settings to boost Team Collaboration.
A Confluence Space is a sub-site or mini-site within Confluence. Through lack of basic knowledge, many people create Spaces and Space Directories that are confusing for users. Our Atlassian Confluence Tutorial will show you the best way to create Spaces that work for you and your whole team.
- Learn expert tips for designing your Confluence site.
- Gain a clear understanding of what Confluence Spaces actually are.
- Learn how to build Confluence Spaces most effectively.
- Create a Space Directory that works for your team and colleagues.
- Gives details on all of the default Space Templates that are shipped with Confluence.
- Plus tips on how to structure your Spaces effectively.
- Focusing on the user experience to bring the best results.
Creating your full Confluence Profile, just like FaceBook or Linkedin, boosts collaboration. This is important, when often, people only meet online. A good personal profile can help your colleagues find you, understand what you do, and collaborate better with you. Our Atlassian Confluence Tutorial makes working life easier for everybody.
- Learn to update your Personal Profile.
- Add your Contact and Email Details.
- Add your Picture or Avatar.
- Change your Password.
- We explain all the Emails Confluence will send you, and show you how to switch them on or off.
Our Confluence Tutorial ensures that everyone on your team begins to use Confluence in the same way.
- Use the Network features to cut through information noise.
- Reduce Email, and increase discussion – through Comments and Likes.
- Share Page Content with colleagues.
- Bring people into discussions, using @Mention.
- Watch Page Content, Attachments or Spaces, and be notified when they are updates.
- Explore Assigned, Due and Completed Tasks in the Notifications Workbox.
- Control the System Email that you receive.
Follow our Confluence Tutorial, as we set up a typical Project Space.
- Learn about Space Template selection.
- Explore Page Templates, and build different types of content within the Space.
- Understand Blogs for Team Communications.
- Introduction to Basic Page Editing.
- Become confident when Editing Pages
- Learn about Page History and how it makes page editing non-destructive.
- Reorder your Pages to build a Space Navigation Structure.
- Introduce Parent and Child page structure, which makes working with groups of pages easy.
Become more confident with Page Editing in Confluence. Take a more in-depth look at Page Editing.
- Start using the Editing Toolbar buttons.
- Learn about Page Layout best-practices.
- Explore Section Layout and Column Layout.
- Follow along, as we look at Tasks Lists, and explore some useful Macros.
- Take a glance at Page Restrictions.
- We’ll get you started with Page Editing with more confidence.
Confluence Page Templates and Page Blueprints offer you good starting points for many common types of content. Page Templates are straightforward pre-formatted page designs, that save you time. Page Blueprints are more complex page designs that include macros and database-like components. This allows for reporting on data held within Blueprint-pages from across your entire Confluence Site.
- Spaces can include file attachments, and many types of wiki-page content.
- We will explore the default Page Templates that are shipped with Confluence.
- You will understand what you can create, out of the box.
- Gain a good understanding on how Pages work.
- Go further, and design your own Page Templates.
- Build Page templates designed for your own team, and your own Spaces.
- Share your own Page Template Designs with Colleagues in specific Spaces, or across your entire Confluence Site.
- We will also discuss Page Blueprints, which are advanced Templates (not for the average user).
- Plus tips on how to structure your Spaces effectively and how to focus on the user experience to bring the best results.
Confluence Labels allow teams to link together content, stored in different Spaces. Labels cross the boundaries between Spaces.
- Using Labels correctly is one of the best habits your Team can have.
- Confluence Labels will benefit your team, and your whole organisation.
- Learn how to attach Labels to pages and attachments. Take a look at some key Macros for working with Labelled content.
- Bring together Tasks, on multiple Tasks lists, on multiple Spaces, into one report.
- Use Labels in Advanced Search.
- Understand the use of Labels in many Confluence Macros.
Everything begins with creating Confluence Spaces. This is a fundamental part of Confluence – that you must get right. Communicating to your colleagues what your Space contains by Categorising your Space correctly will help everyone.
- We take a look at the default Space Templates available.
- Learn how to select the right Space for you needs.
- Need a Private Space? We will show you.
- Categorise your Space correctly.
- Build a great navigation structure for your Space Directory that works for everyone. Categorising Spaces helps everyone to find what they need, quickly, and easily.
- Get the basics right and the rest will follow.
The three main components are: User Groups, Space Permissions and Page Restrictions. Learn all you need to know to become confident with Confluence Security.
- Make managing Space Permissions easier by working with groups and not individual users.
- Collaborate with your Confluence Site Administrator to create Confluence User Groups for your Spaces.
- Understand the three types of Page Restriction settings.
- How to identify Page Restriction type, by looking at the Page Padlock symbol.
- Get into the habit of using Parent and Child nesting. This makes moving or restricting entire groups of pages easy.
Don’t waste your time in ‘fruitless searching’. Find what you need to find in your Company site, quickly and easily.
- Save time by finding the Content you need quickly and easily.
- Incorporate Labels into your Search.
- Access Confluence Advanced Search features, in the Search Results page.
- Use Confluence ‘fuzzy searching‘, or ‘proximity searching‘.
- Find content that ‘sounds like‘, or ‘is close to‘ what you want. Perfect for those times when you’re not entirely sure of correct spelling or phrasing.
- If you just need a refresher, look at your Recently Viewed Pages.
Confluence includes some very clever, yet simple tools that make managing complex tasks a breeze. Confluence can also make your meetings more productive, by crowd-sourcing your Meeting Agenda, and generate real Tasksfrom your Meetings.
- Assign and track your Tasks.
- Break down complex Tasks into simple chunks, using the Tasks list.
- Place Task Lists on any pages, and link them using Labels.
- Manage your own Tasks from the Tasks page.
- Assign Tasks to others, and keep track of when they are completed.
- Use the Tasks Summary Macro to find related tasks across multiple Spaces.
Learn how to upload and manage files centrally in your Confluence Space, or upload and attach files directly to Pages, as Attachments.
- Get to know the Attachments paperclip icon.
- Make your Page Attachments more prominent on the page, or make attachments interactive. Edit Office Documents, directly from your Confluence page.
- Understand how Confluence maintains Version Control for all attachments.
- Learn what you need to know. Upload Files, and update them with confidence.
- Explore SharePoint Connector for Confluence.
- Learn about the Macros that help you find Attachments in your Space.
Confluence is great straight out-of-the-box. There is also a vibrant Marketplace for Add-ons that will make your experience even better. Some very powerful Add-ons are free!
- Need more Spreadsheet features? You got it.
- Flow-charting for your entire team – of course!
- Take your Confluence experience from good to great in just a few clicks.
- Want a terrific looking Intranet – based on Confluence? Look at one of the many themes available. Themes will put a graphical interface around your Confluence Site, giving a professional, pleasing look and feel.
- Join us, and explore some worthwhile Confluence Add-Ons.
Left Brain, Right Brain & Learning
Atlassian Confluence Tutorial – 14 Episodes / 1 hour 49 minutes
Our Atlassian Confluence Tutorial is perfect for entire organisations, teams or individuals. Atlassian Confluence is one of the best-known Documentation and Collaboration tools for teams. Confluence can be downloaded and installed on your own Server, or it can be accessed from the Atlassian Data Center, using their Cloud-Based offering. A good basic level of Confluence Training with a focus on best practices is required to really get the most out of Atlassian Confluence. Our Confluence Training is designed to make best-practices for Confluence available to everyone in your team. We do this using carefully scripted episodes that focus on best-practice outcomes. Our Cartoon Instructors help to maintain focus on learning. When your whole team uses Confluence the way it was designed, you can transform the performance of Confluence and your team-collaboration.
Atlassian Confluence Tutorial – 14 Episodes / 1 hour 49 minutes. Course Designer: Ken McHardie
Our Atlassian Confluence Tutorial is perfect for entire organisations, teams or individuals. Atlassian Confluence is one of the best-known Documentation and Collaboration tools for teams. Confluence can be downloaded and installed on your own Server, or it can be accessed from the Atlassian Data Centre, using their Cloud-Based offering.
- A good basic level of Confluence Training with a focus on best practices is required to really get the most out of Atlassian Confluence.
- Our Confluence Training is designed to make best-practices for Confluence available to everyone in your team. We do this using carefully scripted episodes that focus on best-practice outcomes.
- Our Cartoon Instructors help to maintain focus on learning.
- When your whole team uses Confluence the way it was designed, you can transform the performance of Confluence and your team-collaboration.